Space and Sky

Our March theme is a real BLAST! Experience Curriculum created a super fun month called Space & Sky. There are so many FUN things to do that help children find joy in learning about space. As always, we get out the many books we have on a theme and put them around the room. Because I am a UBAM Book Lady, I have so many wonderful books from there. I did order a few new ones plus the space puzzle with the pull-out book of space.

We did arranged our room a little differently. We put baskets on the back of the container shelf so that the home living area could have places to hang kitchen items. We now have more space in the cabinets. We try to teach them the importance of putting things up before going on to the next thing. We got some space pillow covers that were a pack of four. All of our space puzzles are easy to get to. We got a few new space items that they really enjoy.


We have some fantastic weekly themes for the month. I know we will be able to learn so many things about space that they haven’t learned but we will go over the things they do know, as well. It is such an encouragement for them when they can tell us things they already know. It gets them to want to learn more so they can tell others. We talk about what we learn throughout the day and the entire month.

I found some great posters at the dollar store with numbers and alphabet. Our monthly calendar is now on a board that I keep down so they kids can put the numbers on each day. We take turns during circle time. I teach them how to say the date and they are finding it quite funny to say twenty twenty-one. And as always, our curriculum came with a book, puzzle and story magnets in our theme. They get to do the puzzle and magnets all month long. I really love these two posters, I might leave them up year round. If I do, I am going to take them to get laminated because they aren’t solid and they come apart to fold. You can find some really neat things at the dollar store so don’t think you need to spend a bunch of money to make it fun.

We got our words for the entire month set up in front of our writing table. Those words are in the back of each weekly teacher’s booklet. I am still working on this area to make it the best it can be. I have some ideas on what I WANT to do. We got some fun wipe-clean space activities books for that area, they use it at quiet time, too. I decided after I took this picture to put ALL three letters for the month on the blue poster. It looks much better full instead of empty.

That is my quick look for March. Don’t forget to check back each week to find out what we have done. We do have spring break mid March, so there won’t be a school post that week. Have a GREAT March!


Remember, There's Adventure Around Every Corner!


*Please note that at this time we were using our "homeschool's name", BCAA.

Original post date Mar 1, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts